Foot and Ankle Pain Chiropractic Care in Midtown, New York
When pain in the rest of the body strikes, you can sometimes ignore it. Ankle and foot pain though cannot be ignored because this impacts your ability to walk. You may be reduced to limping if you can get around at all. You may think about speaking to a surgeon to find a solution, but natural treatments like chiropractic care can make a big difference in your quality of life. Here’s what you need to know.
What Causes Foot and Ankle Pain?
When you visit your chiropractor for the first time, they will not immediately start with treatment. Instead, they will review your medical records and run some tests to discover the causes of your pain.
Some of those causes may be:
- Reactive arthritis, which occurs after an infection and can manifest in the legs and feet.
- Rheumatoid arthritis, an autoimmune condition that targets the joints.
- Ankylosing spondylitis, a spinal condition with symptoms like chronic pain elsewhere in the body.
- Bursitis, where bones and joints rub together for pain in the legs and feet.
- Flat feet, where pain occurs because of the patient’s unnatural food arch.
- Gout, where joints in the feet and legs become swollen and sore.
- Tenosynovitis, also known as tendon sheath inflammation, a condition where lubrication in the tendons fails and leads to pain.
What Are the Symptoms?
In many of the above conditions, pain is the biggest and most obvious symptom. With some conditions, you may also have bruising, swelling, pins and needles feeling, a feeling of weakness, inflammation, and redness at the site.
How Can a Chiropractor Near Rockefeller Center Treat This Pain?
Chiropractors often treat spinal abnormalities. In some instances, said abnormalities be the cause of your foot and ankle pain, such as with ankylosing spondylitis mentioned above. Even if your pain isn’t centered around the spine, a chiropractor can still help.
With techniques like adjustments and manipulations, a chiropractor can use their hands to ensure bones are properly positioned and joints and muscles aren’t straining. In some instances, a chiropractor may opt to use a chiropractic device to treat your symptoms.
About Rockefeller Health Medical, Your Midtown, New York Chiropractors
If you’re looking for chiropractors in Midtown, New York for chiropractic care, come to us at Rockefeller Health Medical. Our chiropractic doctor specializes in treating foot and ankle pain as well as pain in the knees, hips, hands, wrists, elbows, shoulders, neck, and mid-back and lower back.
Schedule an Appointment with Your Midtown New York Chiropractor
With services like sports medicine, spinal decompression therapy, medical massages, massage therapy, acupuncture, physical therapy, and chiropractic care, you’ll feel your best yet. To contact our chiropractor near Rockefeller Center today, please call (212)-388-5050 or visit Rockefeller Health Medical on 22 West 48th Street, Suite 705 10036.