If You Experience Tension Headaches, Our Chiropractors in Midtown East & West can Provide Drug-Free Relief
Research shows that tension headaches are very common, as up to 70% of people are expected to experience them in their lifetime. At Rockefeller Health Medical, we connect New Yorkers with experienced NYC chiropractors in Midtown West and East who can help them explore drug-free options for their headache pain.
Our Midtown Chiropractors Explain Tension Headaches
Our staff works with men and women of all ages struggling with tension headaches. Here are a few things to know:
- The exact cause of tension headaches is unknown. One theory is that chronic stress and tension in the myofascial tissue in the neck, shoulders, and upper back area likely as a result of poor posture, psychological stress, and other factors activates nociceptors (pain sensors) which transmit pain sensations in the central nervous system.
- Tension headaches are generally episodic or chronic. Episodic ones last anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour. Chronic ones can last for hours and occur on at least 15 days or more per month for three months (for an official diagnosis).
- Tension headaches are different from another common type of headache, the migraine. While both types can cause significant pain and debility, migraines are generally more severe and are associated with other symptoms including nausea, vomiting, and increased sensitivity to light.
Signs & Symptoms of Tension Headaches
A hallmark symptom of a tension headache is the feeling of a tight band wrapped around the head. This pain can feel dull or like an achy, throbbing pressure, and is generally felt all around the head. Additional symptoms include tenderness and pain in the scalp, neck, and shoulders.
How our Chiropractors in NYC Alleviate Tension Headaches
Because tension headaches likely have at least some origin in both the musculoskeletal and neurological systems, our chiropractic team can alleviate their intensity and frequency using natural techniques by directly addressing these underlying systems. Following a thorough examination and diagnosis, we can provide individualized services such as:
- Chiropractic adjustments, to correct spinal alignment (which may be causing fascial tension) and trigger the release of natural pain relievers
- Medical massage and acupuncture, to alleviate fascial tension and generate healing circulation
- Corrective exercises and ergonomic training, to optimize posture
Looking for a Chiropractor Near Hell’s Kitchen to Alleviate Your Tension Headaches? Contact Rockefeller Health Medical Today
If your recurring tension headaches have you in constant pain, now is the time to connect with our NYC chiropractor in Midtown West or East right here in Manhattan! Contact Rockefeller Health Medical serving the NYC communities near 10036 by calling (212)-388-5050.