Chiropractic Adjustments For Knee Pain
Knee pain can have a massive effect on your ability to run your daily activities optimally. At Rockefeller Health & Medical, we are keen to ensure our communities do not have to live with the pain and taking more medication.
We are a health and medical care center, located in midtown with 15 years of experience in chiropractic adjustments for knee pain. We have also proudly established an excellent reputation for compassionate and quality care.
In this piece, we will go through a few concepts about knee pain, tell you what causes knee pain, and help you acquire the best possible medical care.
Symptoms of a knee pain
Depending on the location and sternness of the condition, the pain may vary. The typical signs and symptoms that will generally occur include
- Swelling and stiffness
- Weakness or a feeling that the knee may buckle
- Soreness and warmth on a touch
- A clicking or popping sound
- Inability to completely spread the knee
Common causes of knee pain
Generally, knee pain can be caused by direct trauma, where the knee experiences a sudden injury or by dysfunction or disease.
Other common causes include:
- Knee joint misalignment
- Flat fleet
- A pinched nerve in the lower back
Types of Chiropractic adjustments for a knee pain
To consider the best and most appropriate chiropractic adjustments for your knee, our chiropractor will first evaluate your gait. He will want to know the amount of stress you are currently placing on your knee.
Depending on the level of stress, our chiropractor will then begin the following therapeutic techniques.
- Spinal adjustment - This one will help reestablish alignment and balance. It aims to get rid of any added pressure on the knee joint restoring your knees and reducing wear or tear.
- Trigger point theory - This is a remedial massage applied directly to the specific knee joint to alleviate pain and discomfort.
- Posture correction - A poor posture can exert a lot of pressure on your muscles and knee joints. Our chiropractor will carefully examine your posture and, if necessary, make corrections that will eventually relieve your knee pain.
- Low- level laser therapy - Also called cold laser therapy, this method stimulates your muscles and soft tissues to reduce inflammation. It is also useful to facilitate proper blood flow that will speed up your healing.
- Ultrasound therapy - This one makes use of the ultrasonic waves to massage painful muscles to relieve pain and reduce stiffness. Our chiropractor might also use it to improve mobility for patients.
Call Rockefeller Health & Medical Today!
To conclude, if you are currently struggling with knee pain, you don’t have to endure the pain and constant medication anymore. At Rockefeller Health & Medical in midtown, we have all the facilities, expertise and experience to handle all kinds of chiropractic adjustments for the knee.
We invite you to schedule an appointment with us. Our chiropractor is ready to help.